AIM for Climate is currently accepting proposals for innovation sprints.
An innovation sprint is an increase in aggregate self-financed investment from non-government partners to achieve an outcome/output in agriculture innovation and for climate-smart agriculture (CSA) and food systems to be completed in an expedited timeframe.
AIM for Climate Innovation Sprint Focal Areas for 2022
AIM for Climate plans to announce innovation sprints at COP27 with a focus on four focal areas: Smallholder Farmers in Low- and Middle-Income Countries; Methane Reduction; Emerging Technologies and Agroecological Research.
In addition to focusing on one or more of the focal areas, COP27 innovation sprint proposals are urged to aspire to:
- Include participation of 3 or more existing AIM for Climate partners
- Include participation of 3 or more new AIM for Climate partners
- Equal a total monetary value of $50 million or more
- Coordinate/Partner with an existing innovation sprint (full list below) to complement and/or expand scale/scope
All innovation sprint proposals will be considered but proposals that incorporate one or more of the 2022 focal areas will receive higher consideration for launch at COP27.
The innovation sprint proposals should:
- Align with the Innovation Sprint framework
- Be no more than a page long
- Include contact information for the lead representative
- Be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovation sprint proposals for launch at COP27 should be submitted by 17:00PM Eastern, August 31, 2022. Once the proposal has been received, we will review it and contact you within approximately two weeks. Proposals will not be made public.
Do note that AIM for Climate does not provide funding for innovation sprints. Funding should be secured prior to submitting a proposal.
If you are interested in learning more about one of the innovation sprints listed below, do get in touch with the point-of-contact directly.
AIM for Climate plans to host Ideation events for each of the above focal areas to enable discussion and networking toward the creation of innovation sprints. If you are interested in receiving more information on these events, please fill out this form.Innovation Sprint Partner Framework Document